The voice of the students

The Catamount

The voice of the students

The Catamount

The voice of the students

The Catamount

Daphne Vostral Schauer on Bothell’s Track Team

Some of Bothell’s Track team with Daphne Vostral Schauer (pictured in blue). Image Credit: Daphne Vostral Schauer

Having started in 776 BC, Track and Field is a sport that most everyone knows. Ranging from the javelin to the sprints, Bothell’s track team does it all. One runner, Daphne Vostral Schauer, sat down to tell me her side of her experience with Track and Field. 

Vostral Schauer, a junior, has been running track for 3 years now. She started running track because of a teacher that told her that she should try it. “Freshman year they offered [track] because it was still hybrid, because there weren’t a lot of other sports going on for me, and I always like to be active.”.  Daphne says her favorite part of track is all the people there. “I really like to be able to run with people and to be able to relate to everybody.” 

If there’s anything that newcomers to track should know, it’s that it’s really fun. “You get to do so much stuff, you don’t have to be set to do one event.” Vostral Schauer excitedly tells me. “Like some of my friends that are doing track, its their first year, they’re gonna do distance, and the jump, and javelin, its so much fun!” She also gives advice to incoming freshmen who may be nervous about joining the track team. “Try everything! There’s so many events, so you can just dabble in it all.”

Vostral recalls her freshman year, during one of her favorite moments in track, “It was the district meet, and our 4×2 team one, and it was super fun for me.” Vostral Schauer plans to improve her times this season and in the next one.