The voice of the students

The Catamount

The voice of the students

The Catamount

The voice of the students

The Catamount

Bothell Flag Football: First Season Champs

Image Credit: Bothell High School

The creation of various Flag Football leagues throughout the greater Seattle area– thanks to grants from the NFL and the Seattle Seahawks–has just happened. It’s not an official WIAA sport yet, but they are working on making it that. 

Bothell went 6-2, closing out their “season of dreams” by winning the championship against Inglemoor by seven points, securing themselves a spot in history as the first team to win the Northshore Championship. I caught the two centers, Elle Carlile and Faith Russell, for a post-game interview.

Faith Russell, Alistair Hennessey
Elle Carlile, Alistair Hennessey

Question one was: “What were you thinking throughout the game?” Faith Russell (‘24) said, “I had that Grind-set mindset, getting the next down after and after, and supporting my teammates on defense because I’m on offense.” Elle Carlile (‘24) answered, ”No thoughts just what plays.”

When asked: “How do you guys feel about being a part of the first Bothell High School Flag Football team?” Faith Russell replied, “It feels great! It’s our first and last season; [I] wish we could play again, but yeah, it feels great.” Elle Carlile says that it “Feels amazing!” 

I asked for any advice for the people who are stepping up next year, and Faith Russell said, “Be as close as you can with your teammates, and cherish every moment because you’re gonna graduate! And keep your head in the game at all times!” Elle Carlile replied, “Try new things because a lot of people, they didn’t want to sign up. But when they did, they loved it!” 

I also went to the championship game to take pictures. I hope you enjoy them! 

There you have it, the Champions of Northshore, and hopefully state champions in the future! Great job, ladies!