Athletes of the Month

Brooklyn and Taedyn: field stars!

Evie Smith, Photo Editor, Co-Litterbox Editor

Brooklyn Smith (‘19) plays tennis here at Bothell High School and she loves it. On the varsity team she serves as a captain and plays first doubles with her partner Evie Smith and for the last time she would like to say “no, we are not sisters.”

This is Smith’s fourth year playing and lettered all four year. Smith’s coach, Michael Pizzo said, “she has improved on her footspeed, it has gotten faster. She also has improved on her serving and her volleys. She knows how to put a ball away.”

Smith “so totally loves” her team. She says, “it’s been really great this year to have a lot of new girls on the team. They add a spirit of excitement and encouragement and have really made the team a family.”

Coach Mike Pizzo said “She is extremely positive in her approach to all teammates. She leads not just by word, but also by example.” Pizzo continued to say Smith is, “a person who above all else, walks out integrity in everything she does.”

Smith is sad to see the season end, but will continue to play tennis all throughout her life. Next year, Smith will be attending George Fox University and is excited for the adventures that are ahead of her.

Taeydn White (‘19) is a member of the Bothell High School soccer team. He started playing soccer when he was seven at the YMCA just for fun before making the Northwest Nationals club team when he was nine.

This was White’s first year playing soccer for the school team. He regrets not joining the team his sophomore or junior year. He loved playing soccer this season and developing lifelong relationships with his teammates and coaches.

One of his personal goals this year was to always stay positive, even when it was hard to do. White was happy to say that this season “I proved to myself that I can always be positive.” Despite the rough year the soccer team had, he says he is going to “miss playing with these guys next year.”

His favorite part from this season was having dinners and hanging out as a family with the team. Next year White plans to attend Cascadia Community College and pursue work on the side. The soccer team sure will miss him next year!