Events in Seattle

Here are some things to do in the area.

Gabe Araujo, Co-Litterbox Editor

There are so many interesting things happening in the Seattle area! From literary events to a museum, here are some events happening this month.

For those looking to grab a book in the near future, there is a bookshop called “Third Place books,” that always have author events and book clubs happening. Check out their website at www.thirdplacebooks.com  for their exact location in Lake Forest Park, Ravenna, or Seward Park, and to find out which books are being discussed at the time you are interested in stopping by for a visit.

Perhaps you want to go to a history museum instead? On the first Thursdays of each month, admission is free for veterans at the Museum of History and Industry in Seattle, students cost $12.95, and for adults, it costs $14.95. Maybe it’ll even be worth some extra credit in your history class. We can all use that to start our second semester off, so why not ask your teacher if it’s worth anything? And if not, you could still go just to look at old things. The museum is open from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.

Animals are great. February 9th and 10th are free admission days at Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma. Go with your family to see some of their animals. Your younger siblings will love it. Or maybe you can bring some friends.

Struggling in your classes? Go to the study zone at the Bothell Library. Meet with volunteer tutors and get help with your homework. The library’s page has the hours for the study zone, as it varies by day of the week. This event is not available on weekends.

These are only some of the events in the area. If none of these interest you, look online, and you are sure to find events that are more your style.