The most anticipated games of 2020

Hello Bothell students! There are a lot of really cool upcoming games that we are very excited about! I’ll give you a recap on the next biggest titles and what should you expect.

Cyberpunk 2077 

CD Projekt presents the highly anticipated game “Cyberpunk 2077”, initially supposed to release on November 19, 2020, but was delayed till December 10 according to TheVerge. The game looks awesome. Role-playing is one of my favorite genres. Gameplay footage was released on YouTube and what I saw was outstanding. The game gives a “Need For Speed” vibe, especially with the setting based on a cyberpunk world with modern tech. There are certain areas that the gameplay video showed that looked nice, one area that was shown in the gameplay video was the grand imperial shop. The narrator stated that the area would be deserted.  Also, the test drive looked nice. Unfortunately, the combat seems a bit dull. We hope they add an option to learn fighting skills. If you’re into futuristic games, this is a game we’d recommend. We hope this game lives up to the hype. It is set to release on December 10 according to TheVerge.

Another big release that will be out soon is “Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War” by Treyarch and Raven Software, released on November 13, 2020, according to Polygon. Obviously, it can’t top Black Ops 2, but it still looks well made. It seems like a carbon copy of MW (“Modern Warfare”). We played the beta but “Cold War” feels even worse than “Modern Warfare;” the gameplay was laggy, people camped way too much and the maps don’t seem original, it just seems like a map that would be on “Modern Warfare”, not to mention it felt more like “Battlefield 5” then a COD game. The single-player gameplay was subpar and feels like a bit of a downgrade with the animations looking worse than “Modern Warfare”. The zombie reveal trailer was highly anticipated around this game. Why? Zombies have always been COD strong suits and seeing everything new gen is amazing; all the combat that was shown looked nice. We are looking forward to seeing the story of COD zombies. Overall, the game needs a polish but we’re still excited about it. 

We also interviewed Bothell students and asked for their opinions on upcoming games. A Bothell freshman said that they are excited for “Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity”. It’s a Hack N Slash type game. It has many similar aspects to “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild”. Another student says that they are really excited about Battlefield 6. They like the Battlefield gameplay and they are excited to see what the new one will be like.

That wraps up the major upcoming games. Which games are you most excited about?