Mary Poppins makes her way to NPAC stage

Come support BHS Drama and watch the upcoming musical.

Gabe Araujo, Co-Litterbox Editor

“Mary Poppins” is coming to Bothell in April! The performance dates are April 19th, 20th, 25th, 26th, and 27th at 7:30 pm. Students at Bothell are so excited to watch the play, performed by Bothell High students for friends and families. Of course, all are welcome. The play will be an enjoyable experience for all ages. Our actors and actresses enjoy rehearsal after school almost every school day, and hope their valiant efforts pay off for a splendid performance come this spring.

Mrs. Heidi Jensen, the new director, says that “progress is going really well,” despite a slow period during the snowpocalypse and Ms. Chaya Glass, the original director, leaving on maternity. She appreciates the diverse audience that can be expected from “Mary Poppins”, from kids seeing the play for the first time to adults who remember “Mary Poppins” as a favorite movie from their childhood. She finds the cast members to be capable and talented in their performance.

Jasmine Pearce  (‘19), who plays “Mary Poppins” herself, says that learning the dances for the performance is going very quickly, and blocking is moving along slowly but surely. “It’s just been different then we’re kinda used to” She says. The cast members are getting used to a new director on top of making up for the lost snow days. She has faith that the cast will improve quickly, despite some minor distractions. She’s excited for the performance because her younger cousins are coming to see the play.

The cast says to come see the play because it really helps to have a fun audience. There’s every reason to drop by too, since there are several performances. So come support our hard working drama department and watch “Mary Poppins”.