Cougars in playoffs!

Following BHS’ journey toward becoming state champs.

Audrey Rainwater and Aleah Josephson

Allain Arenas (’19) leading the varsity football team to victory. Photo courtesy of Greg Nelson.

The Bothell High School varsity football team has once again made their way into playoffs! With the goal of State in mind, the players have continually brought their very best effort onto the field. When Allain Arenas (‘19), a varsity captain and full-back, was asked how he felt to have reached playoffs, he responded: “It feels great to be able to achieve this point as many other teams have already completed their season.”

A factor in their success has been the team’s very strong bond this season. However, it isn’t just the players who lead the success. The coaches, trainers, and fans have also played a large role in the season’s outcome. The football coach, Mr. Tom Bainter, encourages the boys to “turn your weakness into your strength.” His advice has stuck with the team and pushed them to try their hardest.

The Bothell High School student section is arguably the loudest and most spirited within the district. When Kristen Moody (‘19), an avid student section member, was asked the importance of the student section, she responded, “It’s important for people to feel encouraged. A roaring group of fans brings good motivation in hard times especially when things haven’t been looking up.”

Together, Bothell High School and the surrounding community has helped to bring the football team to the level of success they have achieved this season.