Welcoming the new administration

We have some new faces around Bothell, and here’s a little about them so you can get to know them better.

Evie Smith, Photo Editor, Co-Litterbox Editor

Mr. Scott Leick is one of the new assistant principals here at BHS and he has worked in education for 20 years. In those 20 years, he has mostly been a school counselor and a football coach.

After working at the Northshore district office last year, he thinks that it is “very exciting to be back in a building working with such a great staff and student body.”

Mr. Leick loves to visit sunny areas when he travels. Some of his favorite places he has visited are the “Grand Cayman Island, Jamaica, Cozumel as well as Disneyland.”

When asking him about Bothell High School he said that BHS has “school spirit, outstanding club, athletic opportunities, and an education that prepares students for their future.” He describes this as “a great combination!”

Ms. Geetha George-Shapiro is another new assistant principal at BHS and had been teaching for 20 years before she decided to switch to leadership. She moved to Washington from New York just three months ago, and is excited for the trees to have leaves on them, even through the winter.

Ms. George-Shapiro loves adventures as well as food. She says she can talk a lot about food and that students should “definitely hit me up if anyone is traveling to New York and I can give them good recommendations.”

She likes to meet new students and “made it a point to meet all my students,” so if you get called in she says, “don’t assume the worst.” Ms. Shapiro is “impressed” and “pleasantly tickled” by the students here at BHS and said, “I’ve never seen school spirit the way I have seen it displayed at Bothell.”