The voice of the students

The Catamount

The voice of the students

The Catamount

The voice of the students

The Catamount

Good Eats

Image Credit: Canva

Good food is the key to my heart. Whether it’s having a fancy candlelit dinner or trying an inconspicuous hole-in-the-wall restaurant, I love making eating an adventure. The Seattle area has more restaurants than I could possibly try, so I turned to Bothell students for advice. There are quite a few hidden gems, so you might find a new favorite. 

Cow Pou-tine (Tipsy Cow Burger Bar)

My parents are from Illinois, so I was stoked when Clara Frost (‘26) recommended Windy City Pie for Chicago-style deep-dish pizza. It’s thankfully a car ride—not a plane ride—away in Phinney Ridge, Seattle. Clara’s favorite pizza is The Omnivore, which includes roasted garlic, spinach, pepperoni, charred onion, and house sausage. Another American classic is burgers, and Tipsy Cow delivers. Whether you choose a classic Tipsy Burger or opt for the adventurous Rockstar with deep-fried bacon, maple syrup, and a fried egg, there’s something for everyone. Don’t pass up the sides, either. Emlyn Long’s (‘26) top picks are the poutine and the caramel milkshake.

Bothell has multiple Mexican food trucks including Ambakity and Mio Street Food. At Ambakity, Andrew Bush (‘25) and Malia Ozoa (‘25) agree that the fish tacos are a must-try. Sophia Di Dio (‘26) and Elle Morris (‘24) suggest Las Espuelas and Azteca Mexican Restaurant as other nearby options. If you ever find yourself at Pike Place Market, Wendy Brannon (‘25) recommends the tamales and chicken tacos at La Vaca Burrito Express

Spaghetti Bolognese from Palermo (Brynn Deckard)

If you’re looking for somewhere with a lovely ambiance, try Palermo Pizza and Pasta in Capitol Hill. Its cozy atmosphere and decadent comfort food make it the perfect spot for dinner on a special occasion. Jayden Sheetz’s (‘24) favorite dish is the Linguini al Pesto, but they have a variety of pizzas, pasta, hot sandwiches, and more.

You can’t go wrong with dumplings, especially at Din Tai Fung.

Xiao Long Bao (Din Tai Fung Philippines Facebook)

Olivia Asmann (‘24) loves the xiao long bao, their signature Taiwanese soup dumplings, while Ayana Javed (‘24) likes the cucumber salad appetizer. If you’re in the mood for fried rice, head over to Imperial Wok in Bothell for BBQ pork fried rice or Nibbana Thai Restaurant in Bellevue for pineapple fried rice, recommended by Lily Sheetz (‘27) and Shivani Kulandaivel (‘25), respectively. For one of Seattle’s many rainy days, Norma Lin (‘24) suggests Little Garden’s warming spicy fish stew. If you’re craving Indian or Mediterranean cuisine, try Bayleaf in Bothell and get Brigid Wolf’s (‘26) favorite: the paneer tikka masala. 

Whether you want to stay near Bothell or take a trip to Seattle, there’s no shortage of incredible food to try. So, get out there for some good eats!